Please take a moment to read the information below . After, please vote for Dr. Samar.
1. Dr. Sima Samar has just been nominated for the Human Rights Tulip, an award of 100,000E offered by the Dutch Government. Not only does the award bring money but also recognition of the work being done.
2. She is one of several competing for the award.
3. Voting opened yesterday and continues to October 10.
4. Dr. Samar would like to win the prize to pay for the land for her school, Gawharshad Institute of Higher Education in Kabul.
5. Gawharshad is co-ed! Its academic programme and its many other campus activities have been designed to train a future generation of leaders and professionals that are committed to the fundamental principles of human rights, womens' rights and democracy. It strives to deliver education relevant to the socio-economic needs of the country.
6. Gawharshad started in 2010 with 120 students and this year has 1564. The first graduates this fall include ten of "our girls".
7. The survival and expansion of Gawharshad are reflections of the society's positive response to the vision of Gawharshad.
How can you help?
1. Please take a moment and right now scroll down below to vote.
2. Take another minute to think about 5 people you could send this on to asking the same things - to vote themselves and to send on to their networks.
Yesterday, Dr. Samar had 192 votes. Today, she has 476 votes. People are voting and we thank everyone.
Vote now at /www.humanrightstulip.nl.
Follow the leads and click on Dr. Samar's name and picture in the list. Once you've voted, you'll receive a verification email with a link to confirm your vote. If you don't receive this email, please check your junk .